— For most insect stings, a person can be treated at home, says MedlinePlus. For non-severe reactions, first aid is as follows:
Do not use tweezers. Scrape a straight-edged object across the stinger for removal.
Wash the site with soap and water.
Apply ice on the site for 10 minutes.
Take an antihistamine, or apply cream.
Watch for signs of infection or severe allergic reaction.
Never apply a tourniquet or give the person a stimulant medication, aspirin or other pain medicine unless ordered by a doctor.
If a person shows signs of a severe allergic reaction — including trouble breathing, coughing, wheezing, uncontrolled sneezing, congestion or tightness in the lungs — seek immediate medical attention.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: June 2019